Tony Iannazzo Municipal Election Candidate Profile
Name: Tony Iannazzo
Municipality: Merrickville Wolford
Position Sought: Councillor for Merrickville Ward
Currently Retired or Working (where?): Working, Federal Govt
Former Elected Positions/Terms if applicable: N/A
Platform: My vision is “will work for the good of all” Merrickville residents. I am determined to work hard, as well to maintain and enhance this vision for the betterment and future of Merrickville-Wolford. I will give my personal commitment, and would proudly bring your voice to Town Hall to ensure that your concerns and opinion counts.
My wife and I have lived in Merrickville-Wolford over 15 years and realize that community endurance is critical to the growth of the Town. Our quaint village of Merrickville-Wolford has many talented artists of different proportions, and this provides Merrickville-Wolford one of its unique features of the rural area with a smaller population.
I am truly committed to providing the residents of Merrickville Ward with the change and representation they have so long desired and also to helping improve the quality of life in the Village and ensure to building a proud rural community and making it a better place to live. As your Councillor I will serve the residents of Merrickville and be your voice at Council, here is my platform:
1. The water issue is a major ticket item in Merrickville that I am going to be working with council to tackle the water issue, folks are living the community because the water rates are so high.
2. I would like to propose we bring the Community Improvement Plan (CIP) program to Merrickville-Wolford which will encourage future Economic Development for both Business owners and local residents.
3. Would like to propose and create a committee to study the impact of past Councils decisions which would entail Official Plans, by-laws and any other matters that have come before previous council (Lessons Learned), so we can improve the way ahead and not continue to make the same mistakes.
4. Council Representation: There is definite improvement that is required in the capacity of how the Mayor and Council represent the Merrickville-Wolford Township locally, regionally and provincially. The Council needs to be more pro-active and less reactionary with regards to how it deals with other levels of government.
5. I will work closely and encourage Council to ensure that the provincial government assists with funding matters related to programs that could help with the betterment of Merrickville-Wolford.
I am committed to work with Council towards achieving the goals that will ensure Merrickville-Wolford residents will enjoy this great community for many more years to come.
Do you own (or have a stake in) or operate a commercial/industrial business in your municipality? (Including vacant development lands or rental units): N/A