This week, members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) will be leading a realistic joint training exercise in Rideau Lakes Township.
From May 8 to 10, 2018, the OPP will be conducting a multi-jurisdiction operational exercise involving various tactical units, materials, resources and locations for training purposes. In general, this exercise brings together first response agencies and personnel to coordinate and manage an active scenario under emergency conditions in real time.
Members of various OPP operational and specialty support units are participating in this collaborative exercise along with several local and provincial partner agencies, including:
- Township of Rideau Lakes
- Emergency and Legal Services at Collège La Cité
- Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
- Office of the Chief Coroner
- Ontario Forensic Pathologist Services
- Centre of Forensic Sciences
- Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management
- Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (Public Health)
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
- Public Safety Canada
Members of the public should be aware that this is an exercise and to not be alarmed by what may be seen or heard from a specific exercise location. To ensure their safety and awareness in advance, OPP members will be personally advising individual residents and occupants in the immediate area of what impacts may be expected from this exercise.
The OPP apologizes for any inconvenience this important exercise may cause. In the interests of safety, members of the public and media are strongly urged to refrain from seeking access to the area during this period. Your co-operation is appreciated.