Carolyn Bresee Municipal Election Candidate Profile
Name: Carolyn Bresee
Municipality: Township of Rideau Lakes
Position Sought: Councillor for Ward 1 Bastard & South Burgess
Currently Retired or Working (where?): Retired High School Teacher of Horticulture
Community volunteer experience (service clubs, local committees, fundraising, etc):
– Editor and publisher of “Portland On The Rideau” community newsletter
– Executive member (past secretary) of the Portland Community Hall Board
– Director-At-Large Friends of the Library (FOTL) Twp. of Rideau Lakes Public Library
– Skate The Lake – Portland Outdoors
– 29 yrs. Continuous Service with Upper Rideau Branch 542 of The Royal Canadian Legion
Top 3 issues facing your municipality and its residents that council has control or
major influence over:
Issue 1 – Communication has to be #1.
Issue 2 – Planning and Development within the Municipality
Issue 3 – Representation of Residents and Non-Residential Property Owners
Your solution/approach to those 3 issues:
I wish to be a bridge between the Community and Council. I can do this by holding monthly
Ward 1 open information sessions. Provide Municipal Information and Updates.
Provide pre-planning and development information and procedures. A guide to policies and
Lake, land and environmental information and concerns are very important issues to me.
I will bring your concerns and needs to Committees of Council and to Council.
*After 3 years of attending Council Meetings, I have knowledge, the ability and the
desire to be your Councillor in Ward 1.