The Upper Canada District School Board (UCDSB) is joining with the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) and Children’s Mental Health Ontario (CMHO) to bring awareness about mental health during Mental Health Week.
This year, the week is scheduled for May 7-13. During this important time, the Board has asked schools to raise awareness about mental health in several ways. Suggested actions include:
- Setting up a green spotlight or leaving a light on featuring a green bulb somewhere near the
entrance of their school to shine a light on mental health.
- Encouraging staff to program outdoor message boards for the week to roll out messages
supporting mental health.
- Requesting staff and students wear green on Wednesday, May 9 in support of mental health. Staff are encouraged to Tweet or post pictures using the messaging: “Today we wear green and #getloud about mental health.”
- Asking staff to include one message about mental health and wellness every morning during announcements.
- Encouraging staff to follow and retweet CMHA tweets @kidsmentalhlth or CMHA tweets
- Using the hashtags #ucdsb, #GETLOUD and/or #kidscantwait when tweeting about mental health over the course of the week.