Carleton Place mayor candidate – Ralph Lee

Ralph Lee
Ralph Lee
Posted on: September 12, 2018

Ralph Lee Municipal Election Candidate Profile

Name:  Ralph Lee

Municipality: Carleton Place

Position Sought: Mayor

Currently Retired or Working (where?):  I own Ralph A Lee Law Office which is a General Practice law firm in Carleton Place.

Former Elected Positions/Terms if applicable: N/A

Community volunteer experience (service clubs, local committees, fundraising, etc): I was elected Vice President of the Concordia Student Union and served as a permanent full time representative of over 20, 000 university students. I was also elected President of the Concordia Student Broadcasting Corporation in which I successfully got the University Radio Station onto public airwaves. As Vice President I created an Advocacy Center which assists students facing disciplinary action by the University. I also ran in the 2011 federal election as an Independent Candidate. I was also a volunteer board member at my daughter’s school, J L Couroux.

Top 3 issues facing your municipality and its residents that council has control or major influence over and your solutions/approach to those 3 issues:

The 3 main issues facing Carleton Place are as follows: Lack of leadership at Town Hall has hurt the ability of local government to address the needs of residents, the reputation of Carleton Place has been really damaged because of the scandals and in fighting at Town Hall. I truly represent change as I am the only Mayoral Candidate who was not a part of the previous government. Making local government work again to improve the lives of all residents of Carleton Place. We need more public spaces, funding for the renovation of the Bridge and a public outdoor pool, more services to address drug addiction and a new committee to address sustainable development in Carleton Place. My platform also includes a potential slowdown of development which is the purpose of the sustainable development committee I’d like to see created.


Do you own (or have a stake in) or operate a commercial/industrial business in your municipality? (Including vacant development lands or rental units): Not answered


Phone: 613-257-7100