Andrew Roy Tennant Municipal Election Candidate Profile
Name: Andrew Roy Tennant
Municipality: Carleton Place
Position Sought: Councillor
Currently Retired or Working (where?): Working. Stonemason. Owner of Castle Masonry and Construction
Former Elected Positions/Terms if applicable: None
Community volunteer experience (service clubs, local committees, fundraising, etc): Member of Carleton Place Municipal Heritage Committee for 7 years. Carleton Place Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors 2 years (stepped down in March 2018). Carleton Place Soccer Club assistant coach until last year.
Top 3 issues facing your municipality and its residents that council has control or major influence over:
1. Ensuring responsible infrastructure and population growth.
2. Actively promoting our town as a place to live, work and visit.
3. Maintaining a low tax rate while still providing a high level of service.
Your solutions/approach to those 3 issues:
1. Addressing responsible growth requires councillors who are able to maintain a common sense approach to building our community on a project by project basis. I would put careful consideration into all potential new infrastructure.
2. I have always been very vocal about our town having a bigger role in marketing itself in various media formats. This would help promote local tourism as well as encourage people to see us as a great place to buy a home or start a business.
3. I am always aware of the detrimental effect a tax increase could have on our household budgets.
Do you own (or have a stake in) or operate a commercial/industrial business in your municipality? (Including vacant development lands or rental units): I own and operate a construction business “Castle Masonry and Construction” which is based in Carleton Place.
Phone: 613 291 6093