The Smiths Falls Fire Department is continuing with a ban on open air burning, due to the continued dry conditions.
The ban remains into effect and applies to all properties within Smiths Falls until further notice. No authorization to burn will be permitted during the burn ban.
*This is about fire prevention. The forecast shows the generally dry conditions are continuing, with little precipitation predicted for the area, so there is a higher risk of fire. If the current conditions continue, a complete burn ban will remain in place.
- Remove all vegetation and other material that could spread the fire.
- Never leave a fire unattended.
- Keep your fire on a non-combustible surface and away from structures.
- Have an adequate supply of water available to extinguish or control the fire.
- To be cautious when disposing of smoking materials.
As weather conditions and fire risk change, Smiths Falls Fire Department will continue to update the status of this open air burn.