Wesley Parsons Municipal Election Candidate Profile
Name: Wesley Parsons
Municipality: Carleton Place
Position Sought: Councillor
Currently Retired or Working (where?): Business Development Coach – Shopify
Former Elected Positions/Terms if applicable: N/A
Community volunteer experience (service clubs, local committees, fundraising, etc): Freedom Ride (Animal Rescue), Kanata Food Cupboard
Top 3 issues facing your municipality and its residents that council has control or major influence over:
1. Main Street Bridge Renovation
2. Town Growth and Inclusion
3. Affordable Housing
Your solutions/approach to those 3 issues:
1. Exhaust all Federal and Provincial grant/funding programs – Borrow against our own savings to reduce impact of interest charges. Optimize the renovation for both foot and vehicle traffic.
2. Balance commercial with residential growth and adopt a ‘grow smaller’ as you ‘grow bigger’ philosophy with initiatives that connect us at a neighbourhood level and reinforce our ‘small town’ feel.
3. We need to explore assets currently available to us as well as ensure that future growth plans include affordable housing for seniors and low income families.
Do you own (or have a stake in) or operate a commercial/industrial business in your municipality? (Including vacant development lands or rental units): We own Healthy Feet of Ontario – a medical foot care business located in the mall behind Freshco.