As COVID-19 pandemic is evolving quickly and updates are emerging daily, we want to assure our residents that the Town’s Emergency Operations Centre is operating and monitoring new information as it becomes available in order to be able to ensure the health and safety of our residents.
In order to stay safe, Health Canada is encouraging Canadians to follow measures found at the following link: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus- infection/health-professionals/public-health-measures-mitigate-covid-19.html
Garbage/Recycling Collection Update
At this time, we have been advised by our Garbage/Recycling contractors that there are no anticipated impacts to collection activities. Any updates will be provided as they become available.
Payments Owing to the Town
For any payments owing to the Town, options include online or telephone banking, mailing a cheque to the Town Hall or dropping a payment off in the mail slot at the Police Station located at 15 Coleman Street. We encourage residents to use these means of payment if at all possible.
With respect to parking tickets already issued, the timelines for payment and/or options to address the infraction can be found on the back of the ticket. These timelines are mandated by the Province.
With respect to amounts owing for taxes and water, we encourage payment by the means noted above if at all possible. However, no additional penalty will be applied to these accounts from March 16, 2020 until further notice.
As a reminder, Council has made the proactive decision to protect its staff and the public by approving the following measures which may impact you:
- Closure of all Town-owned facilities to the public effective immediately including
- Town Hall – staff can be reached by email or phone
- The Station – Active Living Centre
- Neelin Street Community Centre
- Carleton Place Pool
- Carambeck Community Centre
- Carleton Place Public Library
- The Carleton Place Canoe Club
Even though the facilities remain closed to the public, all Departments are open for business. Please contact staff by phone or email.
- The cancellation of all Town-run events and programming
- The cancellation of all private functions held at any of the above-mentioned facilities.
For inquiries regarding rental facilities, please contact the Recreation Department directly at 613-257-1690.
- All Childcare programs at both Carambeck and 3 Francis Street Childcare Centre will be closed to the public effective 6:00 p.m. Monday, March 16, 2020. For Childcare inquiries, please contact the Childcare Centre directly at 613-253-0597.
- All regularly scheduled Advisory Committee / Committee of the Whole and Council meetings will be cancelled until March 31, 2020 and will be re-assessed at that time.
The Town will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves and take direction from the Federal government, Provincial government and Health Unit. As always, we encourage all residents to be prudent and follow the directive from the Health Unit on how to protect themselves and their family: https://healthunit.org/