Additional Arrest and Charges
The Lanark Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) has made another arrest in connection with a recent robbery.
On August 8, 2020, just before 5:30 a.m., officers with the Lanark County OPP responded to a robbery on Allington Road in Montague Township. The 26 year old victim sustained minor injuries but was able to leave the area and get help from the Smiths Falls Police and OPP. One individual was arrested and charged soon after the incident.
As a result of the ongoing investigation, members of the Lanark OPP and OPP Tactics and Rescue Unit, with assistance from the Smiths Falls Police Service, executed a warrant August 16, 2020 at a residence in Smiths Falls. One person was arrested without incident. Officers also seized a quantity of suspected cocaine.
Quinton REID, age 20 of Smiths Falls has been charged with:
- Assault with a weapon – Criminal Code (CC) sec. 267(a) – two counts
- Uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm – CC sec. 264.1(1)(a)
- Robbery using a firearm – CC sec. 344(1)(1)(a.1)
- Pointing a firearm – CC sec. 87
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm – CC sec. 91(1)
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm – CC sec. 92(1)
- Careless storage of a firearm weapon or ammunition – CC sec. 86(1)
- Possession of a Schedule 1 substance – cocaine – Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) sec. 4(1)
The accused was held for a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Perth on August 17, 2020.
The investigation, involving the Lanark OPP Crime Unit and Lanark Detachment, is continuing.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact the Lanark Detachment at 1-888-310-1122. If you wish to remain anonymous you can contact Lanark County Crimestoppers at 1-800-222- 8477 (TIPS), where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.