The Township of Rideau Lakes’ Municipal Emergency Control Group (MECG) met on March 13th and March 17th, 2020 to discuss measures to limit the spread of the virus within our Community and to protect our residents, businesses, visitors and staff.
Rideau Lakes is continuing its efforts to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and continues to follow instructions from the Province of Ontario, Federal Government, the Ontario Ministry of Health and the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit in order to limit the transmission of the COVID-19 virus. Effective Wednesday, March 18th, the following measures are being implemented:
- All Council and Committee Meetings are suspended until further notice;
- Public access to Township-owned buildings (Municipal Office, all Community Halls, Libraries, Fire Halls and Garages) will not be permitted until further notice;
- The Township will remain open for business and will continue to provide municipal services, however we ask the public to contact the relevant department/staff by phone and/or email during this period;
- For any payments owing to the Township, options include on-line banking for taxes, mailing a cheque or dropping payment in the door slot located at the east entrance to the municipal office at 1439 County Road 8;
- The Portland Transfer Station will remain open during their regular hours;
- Please call 613-928-2251 or search online at www.rideaulakes.ca for all directory of services and contact information.
The Township will continue to monitor the situation and take direction and advice from the Federal, Provincial and local health agencies. As the situation continues to evolve, we will continue to keep you updated through the Township’s website and social media platforms. As always, residents and staff are encouraged to be proactive and follow Health Unit directives on protecting themselves and their family during this situation.
The Emergency Management Control Group will be meeting again on March 24, or earlier if warranted, to review this evolving situation.
For further information on what you can do to limit the spread of COVID-19, please visit the following helpful links:
Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit
Ontario Ministry of Health