Due to the new restrictions set by the Province of Ontario, the following measures will be put in place in the Town of Perth effective January 5th, 2022;
- All indoor recreation facilities, including the Perth & District Indoor Pool and Perth & District Community Centre (Arena) will be closed until further notice. Swimming lessons are postponed until a later date.
- Outdoor recreation facilities such as Conlon Farm (including the Toboggan Hill), Last Duel Park, Stewart Park, and Darou Farm are open to the public.
- Outdoor skating rinks in Stewart Park and at the Fire Hall are open dependent on weather. Visit perth.ca/outdoorrinks to see the status.
- Organized outdoor gatherings at Town parks are limited to 10 people. Everyone must social distance from anyone outside their household.
- The Perth Museum & Visitor Information Centre will remain closed to walk-in traffic for the month of January.
- Town Hall will remain closed for public access throughout the month of January. Services remain available by phone, email, and by appointment. The drop box at the front door of Town Hall remains available to the public for document and payment drop off.
- All Town departments remain open during regularly scheduled hours. Contact information can be found at perth.ca/contactus. Alternatively, calls can be made to the main phone number, 613-267-3311.
- All public meetings will be held virtually. Details on how to connect to these meetings are published in the Agendas which are posted at perth.ca/councilcalendar. Town Council and Committee of the Whole will continue to be streamed on the Town of Perth Facebook page.
Residents should continue to practice social distancing, limit contacts, stay home when feeling unwell, and get vaccinated. Information about COVID-19, including vaccine bookings for all ages, is available through the Leeds, Grenville & Lanark Health Unit.
More information about current public health measures can be found on the Government of Ontario website. Further updates will be provided on the Town of Perth website and social media channels in the coming weeks based on health directives and updated mandates.